Saturday, December 1, 2012

two shows

Friday October 26
1984 in Wilmington, DE
zombie themed Halloween party thing
order: Rabbi Rabbi, A Victim of Good Times, Tithonus, A New Dakota

1984 is a bar slash arcade.
I had way too much time hearing anybody in my band. So I had some trouble with some cues.

One of our guitarists really wanted blood for his costume. His girlfriend made something that ended up purple, sparkly, and too liquidy. He then went to a convenience store and bought some Twizzlers, which he attempted to melt down in a ripped up can with a lighter. I think he tried to mix the color with baby oil? Anyway, it didn't go well. He later got face paint from another member's girlfriend when they showed up. I got a big neck cut thing.


Sunday November 25
Mojo Main in Newark, DE
school of rock showcase
order: various school of rock bands, My New Dream Sequencer, Tithonus

I brought my kid! She sat at the bar next to a friend her age and drank a Shirley Temple and watched the Simpsons. Eventually the bartender asked us to move to a table. I asked her very nicely to watch us instead of the tv while we played. She did and said we were too loud (I think we were so loud she went to cover her ear, which knocked her earplug out, which obviously made it worse... I think she held the earplug in for the bulk of the set).
First time we played "Ogre" live. I think if we can tighten it up, it will be a really neat song... but we just really struggle to play it tightly. Lots of weird transitions there.
After the show, the kiddo sang "There's a Zombie on Your Lawn" on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment