Friday, January 20, 2012

home

I'm home.

Among other things, this means this blog will go into hibernation. I suspect I am only interested in blogging while on the road.

I drove 1697.9 miles and stayed in 6 places over 12 days, 11 nights. I listened to "Pet Sounds", "Smile", and "Long Knives Drawn" a million times each.

I used couchsurfing to find two of those places. I liked the experience - I met new people that I liked (and hey, it's also a free place to stay).

I am of course already dreaming of other trips this year. This time with the kiddo.
Again I'm dreaming big... originally this January trip was possibly reaching as far as Colorado...
So if we leave right after school ends in June, there should be enough time to make it to Boulder (by way of Madison) and back to NJ in time to see my partner for my birthday, right?
Kiddo will be 5 this summer... I'm thinking 4 to 5 hours is probably a good max time of driving per day to subject her to. Couchsurfing for stops where we don't know people. And since it's summer, maybe we can do some camping too!

No comments:

Post a Comment