Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 4: Madison

I'm writing this on paper in a park in Madison! (note: on 6/18)


I didn't write last night in South Bend. I was mostly talking to my couchsurfing friends. The little computer time I had was devoted to a relationship maintenance talk with Michelle (this is not code for an argument or anything, everything is great). Good chance I'll hang out with Karl late too, so I wanted to put some thoughts down when I had a chance. 


Wisconsin should change their state motto to "windy as shit".


We made it to Madison in good time - especially helped by the crossover to Central time (it occurs to me now that on the way back east we may need to leave pretty early to avoid being crappy late-arriving guests on timezone change days - but that's something to worry about in July). Kiddo has done very well in the car each day, but I think I'm starting to see a cumulative effect of all the driving now - she's starting to get antsy earlier in the drive. Yet another reason I can't wait to get to Boulder - we're going to stay there a few days.


We'll probably play Dominion tonight. Kiddo is such a big kid. Random big kid story: I downloaded "There's a Zombie on Your Lawn", the song from the Plants vs Zombies end credits / music video. I thought it would be a fun surprise for her to have it on her ipod since she's always wanting to watch it on youtube and "have a dance party". I loaded it on her ipod in front of her without thinking, and she read the title and knew exactly what I was doing. So much for the surprise. Anyway, she might have listened to that song 50 times today.


But for now she's happily playing in the park, mostly with another little girl.


Below: at a rest stop, while I pumped gas, she enjoyed the crazy gusts of Wisconsin wind. 



No comments:

Post a Comment