Friday, June 15, 2012

We're off to see the world

I write from Lancaster PA today, our first stop on the trip of a lifetime*.

29 nights, 24 states, 4 national parks, over 6000 miles.
We're staying with something like 8 to 10 hosts from Couchsurfing, a few old friends, and camping a few nights.

I have to repack the car tomorrow. Things are stuffed in there all crazy. When will I figure out if I forgot something? Don't know. Departure was delayed a couple minutes today while I looked for my wallet. You probably shouldn't try to drive 6000 miles without any money. Or your license on you.

Lancaster's not very far from home, but we have friends here who will take care of our cat for the month. They were fostering her a time we came over last summer, and we fell in love with her and adopted her.
She's hiding under the bathtub and doesn't want to come out yet. I hope she does well here. I know she'll be very well taken care of, but I'm just being nervous and overprotective.

Two weeks ago we went to the beach and I noticed that the better camera (they're both point and shoots, but this is a newer one) has a broken screen. You can't see what you're taking a picture of at all, but it will snap the shot. Tonight, however, I realized the flash is messed up too (well, there's a chance it's just a setting, but we'll never know because we can't use the menu because the screen is broken).
So... not really sure that we're going to maximize our picture taking capabilities here. But I'll try.
Originally this post had a crappy cell phone camera picture of a cute dog. Now it's got a better version from someone else's camera!

Tomorrow - a 6 hour drive to a couch surfing host in Akron, Ohio.






*For now. Cause we're gonna do it again. Maybe even bigger and better. 
But most importantly we're going do it with my partner along too. "A family is everybody all together". That's not exactly true, but we're going to miss her so bad on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment